Master Counselor in Addictions (MCA)

Breining Institute credentials are held by addiction professionals in 47 U.S. States and 14 countries.


Masters or Doctorate Degree in the healing arts and/or sciences, or closely related subject.
3 years general and/or clinical supervisor AOD/SUD experience.
Pass the PCS Exam.

Private-practice / Clinical Supervisor (PCS) Exam
The PCS Exam was developed, reviewed and validated by nationally-recognized subject matter and psychometric experts to test for the necessary skills and knowledge of an addiction professional in private practice and/or working as a clinical supervisor. Test whenever you are ready, because daily testing worldwide is available, and you may access the PCS exam from your own computer, tablet or phone.

MCA Application
No application fee.
No membership dues.
Renewal is every 2 years.


PCS Exam Request
PCS Exam Study Guides and Online Tutorial
MCA Application Packet