Applicants for Breining Institute Credentials are required to send documentation of education, experience, and other documents to verify their eligibility. Applicants are typically expected to send copies to Breining Institute, and to retain their own original documents, except in the case of original / official transcripts of formal education.
If the applicant has taken a qualifying examination, such as the Addiction Counselor Exam (ACE) or Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS) exam, those records are also used to determine eligibility for credentialing.
After eligibility is established, Breining Institute maintains those documents for a limited time, but periodically purges older documents. If a person is more than two years past their renewal date, their credential file will be purged, and Breining Institute will no longer have those purged files.
If an individual who has been awarded a Credential from Breining Institute would like a copy of specific documents that they have previously submitted to or that are held by Breining Institute, upon application and payment of the research fee, we will conduct a search of our files and send copies of the specified documents found to the individual.
Only the individual who has been awarded the Breining Institute Credential may use this application.
The only documents that we will search for, and, if available, that will be copied and sent via email to the requesting individual will be the following:
- Documents that verify experiential hours.
- Score report(s) for the Addiction Counselor Exam (ACE) or the Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS) exam.
- Certificate of current Credential status with Breining Institute.
We will only search for hard copies (not electronic copies) of documents in the individual’s credential file. This search will not include any electronic data or electronic documents related to the individual.
Breining will conduct the search requested after receiving the Request for Certification Document Research form and the $75 research fee payment has been received by Breining.
- This is NOT a request for official transcripts from Breining Institute. If you attended the Breining Institute Addiction Studies Certificate (ASC) program, Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree, or Doctorate (Dr.AD) Degree program, and you want official transcripts, please use the online form at this link: Official Transcript Request Form
- This is NOT a request for documentation of completion of continuing education (CE) courses with Breining Institute. If you completed online CE courses with Breining Institute, and want verification of completing those courses, please use the online form at this link: CE Completion Verification