Breining Institute offers these online Continuing Education (CE) Courses as separate courses. Each course that you complete will earn you 3 hours of CE Credit.
3 steps to complete each Course:
- READ and study the Course Material and Course Questions.
- ANSWER the Course Questions using the online “Answer Sheet” link. If you answer at least 70% of the questions correctly, you will be directed to the credit card payment information page ($23 to be emailed a course completion certificate).
- PRINT the completion certificate that is automatically emailed to you.
These courses are based upon selected chapters contained within the recently updated Breining Institute textbook, The Addiction Professional: Manual for Counselor Competency, 4th Edition (2022).
The Addiction Professional is only available in electronic PDF format. You may order and download the specific Chapters of the Manual by selecting the appropriate link to the course(s) you will be completing.
Here are links to the sections of The Addiction Professional textbook upon which these CE courses are based:
- The Addiction Professional (4th Ed), Chapters 1 – 6 ($10 download)
- The Addiction Professional (4th Ed), Chapters 7 – 11 ($10 download)
- The Addiction Professional (4th Ed), Chapters 12 – 15 ($10 download)
- The Addiction Professional (4th Ed), Chapters 16 – 19 ($10 download)
- The Addiction Professional (4th Ed), Chapters 20 – 24 ($10 download)
- The Addiction Professional (4th Ed), Chapters 25 – 31 ($10 download)
- The Addiction Professional (4th Ed), Chapters 32 – 37 ($10 download)
General Practice Areas
These courses are grouped into five General Practice Areas (GPA) – Understanding Addiction, Treatment Knowledge, Application to Practice, Professional Readiness, and Practice Dimensions – which are identified within the SAMHSA Technical Assistance Publication (TAP) Series 21, Addiction Counseling Competencies: The Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes of Professional Practice, also known as the “TAP 21 Counselor Competencies.”
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT REGARDING CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) CREDIT FOR THESE COURSES
These are Continuing Education (CE) courses, intended for already licensed or certified professionals in healthcare.
These courses are not considered formal “postsecondary education,” and will not result in the award of formal transcripts, degrees or diplomas.
These courses do not lead to a degree or a diploma in subjects that licensees are required to take solely for the purpose of continued licensure, or to enhance the licensee’s skills and knowledge within their particular profession, occupation, trade, or career field, and are not designed to lead to employment.